Posting your job
You can post a job in a variety of ways:
- On the main website: Visit our homepage and select the type of work you need done in the web form on the left to get started. In a few short steps, the form will ask for your job details and contact information before submitting your job.
- On our mobile website: When you visit Rated People on a mobile smartphone you will land on our mobile web form. Select the type of work you need done to get started and complete the short form to submit your job.
- With our mobile app: Download our Homes mobile app for your iPhone or Android smartphone. To post a job, simply launch the app and select ‘Post a Job’ from the main menu. Complete the short form to submit your job.
Our tradespeople pay for the opportunity to quote, so to ensure the quality of the jobs on our site, we ask that you only post jobs that you intend to have completed.If you are looking for more information on a project, such as the general price or what’s involved
Unlike directories or word-of-mouth where you are subject to the tradesperson you contact’s availability, Tradesmen Booking tradespeople view your job and request your details only if they are interested and available to carry out the work.
To keep the market competitive and protect your personal information, a maximum of 3 tradespeople can view your name and contact details. So all you have to do is post your job and the tradespeople will come to you.
Our tradespeople review hundreds of job postings every day. Paying to feature your post will have it highlighted in orange and marked as a ‘Featured Posting’ when our tradespeople view it. This helps show tradespeople you’re serious about getting the work done and helps your job stand out so that you get better responses.
All jobs start off as a free posting. After you post your job, you can upgrade to a featured post by updating your job details. Select ‘Feature posting £3.99’ and click the ‘Update your job posting’ button to pay with our partner PayPal. After your payment has been taken and confirmed, your job will become highlighted as a featured post in our job listings.
To feature your posting and have it highlighted in our job listings costs Rs. 1000 (incl. VAT). Payment is taken via our payment partner, PayPal.
Choosing a tradesperson
After a tradesperson expresses interest in your job and pays to see your contact details, we send you their details and a link to their profile page and ratings.
You should visit the profile of each tradesperson we send you and review their qualifications, past work and, of course, reviews from other Tradesmen Booking customers. This information plus your personal impression and the final quotes should help you make an informed choice of tradesperson for your job.
After a tradesperson expresses interest in your job and pays to see your contact details, we send you their details and a link to their profile page and ratings. To review their ratings and profile, click the link in the email to view their profile.You may also view the profile and ratings of the tradespeople interested in your job by logging in to your account online. Select ‘My jobs’ from the main navigation and then click the job from the list. You will then be shown a list of tradespeople interested in your job and the links to their profile pages.
Leaving a rating
After the work is completed, we ask that you rate your chosen tradesperson.
To give a rating, log in to your account or launch the Homes mobile app and select ‘My jobs’ from the main navigation to view the list of jobs you have posted through Tradesmen Booking. Select the job from the list and then click the ‘Rate’ button for the tradesperson who completed the work. You will then be asked to give the tradesperson a star rating of 1 to 5 (5 being best) on their quality of work, reliability and value for money.
We highly encourage you to leave a rating. Your rating and feedback is a valuable tool for other users of Tradesmen Booking when evaluating their own tradespeople. Also, positive ratings are essential in helping good tradespeople build their business and secure future work.
However, if you are unsure about leaving a rating for any reason (e.g. you’re worried about giving negative feedback), please contact us with your feedback. We are keen to hear about your experience and an agent will get back to you with advice and next steps.
To log in to your account, visit the Tradesmen Booking home page Click ‘Login’ in the upper-right navigation and enter your email and password in the homeowner section.
To view the jobs you’ve posted on our site, log in to your account or launch the Homes mobile app on your smartphone and click ‘My jobs’ from the main navigation. Select a job from the list to view more details.
About the service
- Post your job for free: Give us your job details and contact information using our main website, our mobile site or the Homes mobile app.
- Get up to 3 quotes: We send your job details to the relevant tradespeople in your area. Up to 3 interested tradespeople will pay to see your contact details and follow-up with you to quote.
- Review ratings: When each tradesperson expresses interest in your work, we will send you their profile and ratings to help you choose the right tradesperson for your job.
- Rate your tradesperson: When the work is complete, leave a rating for your tradesperson on their quality of work, reliability and value for money.
Our service is better than word of mouth and directories for 5 reasons:
- Work done when you need it: Our tradespeople pay to quote on your job. So instead of waiting on tradespeople that may not be available, the tradespeople who contact you are genuinely interested in carrying out your job.
- Quality workmanship: Our tradespeople know that in order to get rated well, they must perform well and do good work.
- More certainty: Our tradespeople average 5 ratings each, which means that you don’t have to rely on only one recommendation.
- More security: We check credentials before a tradesperson signs up to the service.
- More choice: With over 30,000 tradespeople covering over 20 trades across the UK, we’re sure to have the right tradesperson for your job.